Avicenna Centre for Chinese Medicine Limited (trading as dermatology-m.co.uk) (“we”, “us” ,”our”, “avicenna” or “dermatology-m”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and using any information you provide to us responsibly.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents contained on our website) set out how we use and protect the information we provide to us when using this website.
It explains the basis on which your personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be stored and used by us, and gives information about Cookies: What cookie files are, how these work and why we use them.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to dermatology-m.co.uk (Site). Please read the following carefully to understand how we use your personal information and cookies. When you are using this website, you agree that you have read and understood this policy. If you have any questions about our Privacy and Cookies Policy or the use of your information or cookies please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
Avicenna CCM Ltd
98 The Drive
Hove BN3 6GP UK
Information we may collect
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- information that you provide when filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site (where applicable), subscribing to our services (where applicable), ordering goods through our Site, personalising our Site with your preferences, posting material or requesting further services;
- information submitted by you when entering a competition or promotion or responding to a survey and/or when reporting a problem with our Site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions carried out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders. However, we never store your payment details;
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, which URL you used to get to our Site, searches you make, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- personal information provided by you to us for specific purposes.
To help us improve our services, if you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and your email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers/partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Sensitive, personal information
Generally we do not seek to collect “sensitive personal information” – that is, information relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us. If you choose to do so for any reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
Where/ how we store your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (i.e. management of survey processes etc.). By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Security of shared information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Use of information
Where we collect information from you we will identify why we have collected the information and what we will use it for and ask you whether you are happy for us or other third parties identified to contact you with regard to similar products and services or unrelated products and services.
We will not, without your permission or unless indicated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or agreed to by you on a form on the Site, transfer any of your information to any third parties.
Except for mailing list activities which we run on some parts of our Site, where you explicitly consent to receive materials from us, we will not use your personal information collected from our Site to carry out unsolicited marketing activities. You may change your preference at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email, by emailing us email@example.com.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- for the administration of the Site;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you expressly request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- for processing and delivering your orders and responding to any queries or requests for information from you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to give search engines access to publicly available information in your profile if your settings allow;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to carry out any obligations or provide you with any other services, functionality or content which you specifically agree to on the Site.
We will never use your information to send you marketing materials unless you have asked us to send these to you or consented to us sending these to you.
Disclosure of information
We do not sell our customer lists and we will never pass your details on to third parties for any purpose unless you have consented to us doing so unless it is for the following reasons:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event that we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your information (including the hosting and maintenance of our Site) in which case we will ensure that any such service provider keeps your information confidential and adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have consented to us sending you marketing information you have the right to change your mind. As mentioned above we will always ask you (before collecting your information) if you would like to receive such information from. You can exercise your right to prevent this by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Site may sometimes contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
If you would like to change the information you have registered on-line with us, you can do this in the “My Account” section of our site.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made if this information is inaccurate or not up-to-date.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We use the following cookies, please read to understand their function and how long they will be stored on your computer:
– To determine whether to show you a message for International Shipping.
– Expires after 1 year.
– To enable a recall from the database any items in your cart.
– Expires when you close your browser.
– To keep you logged in to the site.
– Expires when you close your browser.
– To determine whether your browser supports or allows cookies.
– Expires when you close your browser.
Google Analytics Cookies
– To distinguish users.
– Expires after 2 years.
– Used to throttle request rate.
– Expires after 1 minute.
– Used to distinguish users
– Expires after 24hrs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We do not use targeting cookies. Targeting cookies collect information about your web usage enabling website operators and their partners to provide you with more relevant advertisements and allow them to monitor the success of advertising campaigns.
To find out more about information cookies generally, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them you should visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Third party cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
We reserve the right to change or update our Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time. You may find any changes posted on this page.